31 location CV2 and Bandwidth Geovision Software.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have sold a 31 location Small Enterprise. Each store will have 4 cameras and 1 sound pack, 31 GV800-16 DVR's. I will be putting these on the Internet and using CV2 to receive at headquarters if it is workable.

The question is; is there a formula to calculate the bandwidth required to download maybe 65 of 124 motion activated into the CV2 over the internet? I have not sold them this technology yet due to the fact that I am concerned on the limitations of the Internet.

Would it be something like say, 368kb*31=11408(11mb) uploaded to 20mb download, and will this affect 6 to 10 users with light traffic on the headquarters local Lan, streaming high incoming traffic during the day and little or none at night 24/7?

My largest client before this business was 18 locations and recently found out he will spend the 450 dollars a month for T1 capabilities and would like to do the same for him. He has hired a person full-time to watch his locations and does it from a 1.5/6 connection.

The other question is, has anybody used the Bandwidth program that comes with Geovison software to control bandwidth usage and if yes, is it worth researching into this technology?

Thor

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.