Home > CCTV Security Camera & Video Surveillance System Forums > Surveillance System Planning Questions > Best CCTV security cameras for casino surveillance system
- This topic is empty.
June 11, 2012 at 4:21 pm #31466Mike HaldasKeymaster
A video surveillance technician for a casino in Las Vegas recently contacted CCTV Camera Pros with the following questions:
I have been involved in casino Surveillance for a little over a decade yet have never found the best answer to lighting issues regarding cameras. My main issue is lighting over the table games (black jack and so forth). It is hard to illuminate the table for proper game play and have decent camera coverage with out the image having areas washed out from reflections. I was once told an angle and distance that was best for camera and lighting on the table but have no where to find that information. So my question to you is what do you recommend if you have ever came across this in your career? Any advice would be awesome and appreciated.
CCTV Camera Pros recommendation:
Thank You for contacting CCTV Camera Pros. My recommendations would be as follows:
1) Use a camera with a varifocal lens so that you can adjust the field of view specific for that application. The more direct the field of view (instead of angled), the better. Also the closer you get to the viewing area, the better. Focus the camera as narrow as possible, while getting all of the area covered that is required (no excess coverage area).
2) Get a camera with a good processor that enables you to tweak the BLC and lighting adjustments for your application via an OSD (on screen display).
3) If you are in a situation where there is a large difference in lighting in the foreground and background of the viewing area, get a camera that supports WDR (wide dynamic range).
4) I know casinos tend to like smoked domes, but in my experience a clear cover allows the camera to operate much more naturally to lighting conditions and colors. If you can avoid smoked covers, you should.
If you are using a CCTV system, please take a look at these indoor dome cameras that have all of the features that I mentioned.
This is the outdoor / weatherproof model:
If you are using an IP camera system, please let me know and I will recommend good IP based models.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.