I am 70 years old and my house caught on fire Christmas and now I have several people that have access to the key to my house. I live in a remote area and would like to monitor the area when I go to see my Grandkids.
I purchased two Pelco DX816-500, (16 ports and alarm ports), units from the University. They did not have the harddrive or software. I purchased the harddrives and softweare V2.0 and they should be here this week.
Can someone recommend what I will need to install 3 cameras outside and inside?
1. Where should I locate the unit
2. What type of cameras? Stationary,infered, color? Model nbrs please.
3. What type of cable is needed and ends recommended? Tools to attached the ends?
4. Can I access it on my IPHONE
5. Motion sensor to detect motion to start recording
6. Record Voice equipment?
How hard will it be to install the harddrive?I have some PC experience and have installed harddrives in them.