Home > CCTV Security Camera & Video Surveillance System Forums > iPhone IP Camera & iPhone CCTV > iPhone Security Camera Systems
- This topic is empty.
January 25, 2010 at 3:46 pm #31036
A customer contacted us today with the following questions regarding iPhone surveillance.
On the iPhone security camera systems please explain the following:
- What is needed on camera feed side to make the camera accessible on an iPhone?
- Can my iPhone store images or notify me in someway when there is motion or activity? i.e vacation home monitoring
- Can I use the camera in another country and access through my iPhone in USA?
CCTV Camera Pros responded with the following information:
- In order to access a live cam video feed from your iPhone, you need have a few choices.
1) You can use a iPhone compatible IP camera and access the camera directly from the Safari we browser.
2) You can use our iCamViewer CCTV camera iPhone application with a compatible IP camera or IP video server. You can see more information on this here:
- If you use a Geovision system or an iDVR, the system can be configured to email you on alert.
- Yes, you can setup a camera in another country and access the live video from your iPhone within the US as long as there is a high speed Internet connection at the location of the camera and it is connected to the Internet.
Please let us know if you have any further questions.
-MikeJanuary 26, 2010 at 1:26 pm #31975AnonymousInactive
I bought a Vivotek PT7137 camera last months.
I want to use iCamViewer for my iPhone.
I set my phone, but when I run Cam view I can't see video, and I get this message:
RTSP/1.0 400 Bad Request
But when I use camera with Internet browser it's O.K.January 27, 2010 at 1:26 am #31976
Thank you for posting your question on our forum. In order to use Vivotek IP cameras with the iCamViewer iPhone app, you must set stream one on your camera to JPEG and 352 x 240 resolution for everything to work correctly. You can still have stream number 2 stream using MPEG-4 if you choose and at a higher resolution for recording to your NVR ( if you are using one ). Please let me know if you need further explanation.
-MikeJanuary 27, 2010 at 9:38 pm #31977AnonymousInactive
I I can't set up JPEG because it isn't possibility…
Mobile Phone stream video size is only 176×144, but Computer viewing is higher. This 640×480. It is too high? I don't want set up lower resolution for view picture
I tried another application (is name stramer) this application is operate good. High resolution near too…February 4, 2010 at 8:45 am #31978AnonymousInactive
Can you help me solve the above problem??
TibiFebruary 5, 2010 at 12:17 pm #31979
We have not tested with the Vivotek PT7137 model with the iCamViewer app. Other Vivotek 7000 series cameras so work though that we have tested. Can you please email me the login information to this camera so that we can test? You can email me at email@example.com.
-MikeJanuary 3, 2011 at 5:12 am #31980AnonymousInactive
can i use your software for iphone with other ip cameras not in your list?January 3, 2011 at 9:56 pm #31981
Please let us know the manufacturer and model of the camera that you want to use. Our development team can integrate new cameras very quickly into the app.
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
-MikeOctober 6, 2011 at 2:41 pm #31982AnonymousInactive
what do i have to do to view my cctv on my iphone4 from a diffrent place.what configuration i have to change plz thx
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.