Home > CCTV Security Camera & Video Surveillance System Forums > Geovision Surveillance Support > PTZ autoscan
- This topic is empty.
March 9, 2010 at 5:51 pm #31051March 10, 2010 at 12:22 pm #32008Mike HaldasKeymaster
You can create a PTZ tour with up to 64 preset points. Note the number of preset points also depends on your PTZ capacity.
To setup a PTZ camera tour using your Geovision system, follow these instructions:
- Click the Configure button, point to Accessories, and select Camera Mapping PTZ Dome. This camera mapping dialog box appears.
- Select a camera channel from the Camera drop-down list.
- Select the PTZ model connected to the selected channel from the Device drop-down list.
- If you have two identical PTZ cameras set in the system, you may use the Address drop-down list
to choose the one with the correct address. Up to 64 addresses can be supported.
- Select Multi Position Tour on the Camera Mapping Setup dialog box, and click the Setting button. This dialog box appears.
- Select a Preset as a start point.
- Set the Dwell Time that the PTZ will remain in a preset.
- Click Add and repeat Steps 2-3 to build more points in the tour.
- Select Tour Schedule on the Camera Mapping Setup dialog box, and click the
Setting button. This Tour Schedule dialog box appears.
- Select Span 1, specify a period of time, and select a camera behavior to be activated during the
defined time period.
- Set another span.
- If you want to apply a different setting to weekends, select Weekend Apply and select a camera behavior. And define whether the weekend includes Saturday or not.
- Click OK to apply the settings.
Please let us know if we can help further. We have additional Geovision support articles in our knowledge base here for your information:
https://www.cctvcamerapros.com/geovision-card-support-s/155.htmMarch 18, 2010 at 11:53 am #32009AnonymousInactive
Further to this, I was able to set the autoscan from within the camera, but I then lost all control of the camera from the software. I was able to get into to the menu of the camera through the GeoVision software. I can use the U and D keys to navigate. However, ENTER (iris open) has no effect. Is this specific to certain cameras, i.e. I need to use another key instead?
I then configured the cameras through the software to tour through 16 presets, and could probably refine it to 64. Not ideal, but it works. While I can regain control of the camera on the server, I can no longer do so using webcam/DMMultiview. I get a message "no PTZ device available. Any ideas?
Finally, if I am using this preset tour, is it possible to use object tracking? I was inform that object tracking only works with the camera in the home position, which would negate the tour.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.