This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 8 years, 11 months ago.
March 9, 2010 at 5:51 pm #31051
DOes anybody know if Geovision allows for autoscan? I have 2 Pelco dome cameras and 1 GC-1480 card. PTZ control works fine on the server, in DMMultiview and over the web. I have tried to configure the cameras to autoscan but with no success. My reseller said all I could do was set a bunch of preset points and have the cameras tour through them, then back to preset 1. He claimed the autoscan had to be configured on the cameras itself. Does this sound right?
MichaelMarch 10, 2010 at 12:22 pm #32008
You can create a PTZ tour with up to 64 preset points. Note the number of preset points also depends on your PTZ capacity.
To setup a PTZ camera tour using your Geovision system, follow these instructions:
- Click the Configure button, point to Accessories, and select Camera Mapping PTZ Dome. This camera mapping dialog box appears.
- Select a camera channel from the Camera drop-down list.
- Select the PTZ model connected to the selected channel from the Device drop-down list.
- If you have two identical PTZ cameras set in the system, you may use the Address drop-down list
to choose the one with the correct address. Up to 64 addresses can be supported.
- Select Multi Position Tour on the Camera Mapping Setup dialog box, and click the Setting button. This dialog box appears.
- Select a Preset as a start point.
- Set the Dwell Time that the PTZ will remain in a preset.
- Click Add and repeat Steps 2-3 to build more points in the tour.
- Select Tour Schedule on the Camera Mapping Setup dialog box, and click the
Setting button. This Tour Schedule dialog box appears.
- Select Span 1, specify a period of time, and select a camera behavior to be activated during the
defined time period.
- Set another span.
- If you want to apply a different setting to weekends, select Weekend Apply and select a camera behavior. And define whether the weekend includes Saturday or not.
- Click OK to apply the settings.
Please let us know if we can help further. We have additional Geovision support articles in our knowledge base here for your information:March 18, 2010 at 11:53 am #32009
Further to this, I was able to set the autoscan from within the camera, but I then lost all control of the camera from the software. I was able to get into to the menu of the camera through the GeoVision software. I can use the U and D keys to navigate. However, ENTER (iris open) has no effect. Is this specific to certain cameras, i.e. I need to use another key instead?
I then configured the cameras through the software to tour through 16 presets, and could probably refine it to 64. Not ideal, but it works. While I can regain control of the camera on the server, I can no longer do so using webcam/DMMultiview. I get a message "no PTZ device available. Any ideas?
Finally, if I am using this preset tour, is it possible to use object tracking? I was inform that object tracking only works with the camera in the home position, which would negate the tour.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.