What Equipment Will I Need to Run Power & Video to a Central Location.

Home > CCTV Security Camera & Video Surveillance System Forums > CCTV Cables, Network Cable, Connectors, & Installation Support > What Equipment Will I Need to Run Power & Video to a Central Location.

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #31239
    Mike Haldas


    CCTV Camera Pros Recently had a customer email with the following question:

    Question: Can you tell me how the cameras are powered? I am interested in how close a power outlet needs to be to the camera? Or are there options for power over Ethernet cable or similar?

    Answer: Your standard CCTV Cameras are typically powered using an Individual Power Transformer or a Power Supply Box

    You can run DC power about 300ft over your standard RG59U Siamese cable and up to 1500ft with our CCTV Baluns. Please see below for more details.

    We have a few options for running your power back to a central location. You can use our Plug-n-Play Cables which will run both power and video back to a central location.

    We also have RG59U Siamese Cable. This cable is heavier gauge than the plug-n-play cables and will give you better picture quality especially on your longer runs 75ft+. It will also do a better job shielding and protecting the cable from any interference that can be caused by other powered device.

    Last you can use our BALUN-PV5FM. This will allow you to run your power and video over a single Cat-5 Cable or if you would rather have the RJ-45 Adapter plug-in you can use our VB-2VPA

    I hope this helps.

    Thanks James

    I hope this answers your questions. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.