Home > CCTV Security Camera & Video Surveillance System Forums > Remote Internet Viewing Setup > Help accessing DVR hooked up to computer running ICS to share 3g connection > Re: Help accessing DVR hooked up to computer running ICS to share 3g connection
For anyone who might need help with this same type of setup the trick is to:
1. Turn off DHCP on your wifi router
2. Setup your new wireless network on your router and give it a wap password if you'd like.
3. Plug the Lan port on your computer to a lan port on your router (not to the wan port on your router)
4. In Windows select your 3g connection in the network hardware page, right click and turn on sharing to enable ICS (internet connection sharing).
5. Enjoy your internet connection from any computer on your network.
6. Access the cctv dvr connected to your main computer by giving it an IP address in the same range as your ics network which should be 192.168.137.1 or 192.168.0.1 and give the dvr an IP such as 192.168.137.2 or 192.168.0.2 depending on your computers ics ip.
Hope this helps someone since nobody helped me and it sucked 🙂