Home > CCTV Security Camera & Video Surveillance System Forums > Geovision Surveillance Support > HTTP vs HTTPS > Re: HTTP vs HTTPS
Sorry that this post was not replied to sooner. Yes, you can configure the Geovision webcam server to run https / SSL for secure remote connections by following these instructions:
- From the main Geovision console, click on the network button and select Webcam Server
- On the server setup screen, click on the Server tab
- Check the Enable SSL checkbox
- Use port 443 to access the webscam server through itnernet Explorer
- To access remotely over the Internet, be sure to setup port forwarding on your reouter for port 443
If you have not already configured your webcam server, you can find those instructions here: Geovision webcam server setup.
We hope that this helps.