Home > CCTV Security Camera & Video Surveillance System Forums > Stand Alone DVR Support > iDVR-PRO Series > Connect Photoelectric Beam Sensor to CCTV DVR Alarm Input
December 21, 2015 at 12:50 pm #34150
Can a photoelectric beam sensor be connected to the alarm input of a CCTV DVR? This is a question that I recently received at CCTV Camera Pros. Below is a transcript.
Here are the questions from the customer.
I read your article on how to connect external alarm devices to the alarm input of a a CCTV DVR. I found the support article very helpful.
Please suggest me can I use photoelectric beam sensor and configure it with DVR which has ALARM-IN options on its back pane?
I normally use these types of sensors on the walls of my customer’s retail and office locations. Whenever the beam is cut, the alarm is triggered.
Can I place this on a wall and when beam is cut, the DVR will pop-up video on the screen of the camera that I associate with the alarm input?
This is my response.
Yes, a photoelectric beam sensor can be used to trigger the alarm input on an iDVR-PRO surveillance DVR.
You can use the same alarm input setup instructions that you originally referred to.
On that page, I describe how to integrate a PIR motion sensor and a magnetic window sensor with the alarm inputs of the CCTV DVR. The setup is the same for a photoelectric beam sensor.
The DVR can be configured to take any of these actions based on an external sensor triggering an alarm.
- Alarm Recording – the DVR will begin recording when an alarm is triggered.
- Alarm Buzzer – the DVR sounds an audio beeping sounds.
- Video Pop-up – the video channels(s) that are associated with the alarm appear on the screen.
- OSD Pop-up – a message appears over the video that displays which alarm was triggered.
- Email Alert – an email alert is sent.
- FTP Upload – a snapshot of the event is FTP uploaded to a server.
- PTZ Preset Location – if your system has a pan tilt zoom camera, you can program alarms to trigger PTZ cameras to go to a preset location.
Early next year, we also plan on enabling the ability to receive a push notification on the iPhone and Android apps for iDVR-PRO.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.