- This topic is empty.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Home > CCTV Security Camera & Video Surveillance System Forums > Stand Alone DVR Support > iDVR-E Series > iDVR Remote Recording and Remote Video Playback
A customer recently emailed CCTV Camera Pros the following:
Here's our response:
The only printed manual I have for the iDVR is on our website here:
What I found is that when you are using the live view at a remote location you must:
1. Make the connection to the remote computer
2. Click the "record" button to begin recording
3. Click the "record" button again to stop recording
4. Files are automatically exported & saved to the local machine in the following directory: C:/Program Files/DvrPlayer/Download/
5. Change from Live to PB (Playback) on the viewer console
6. Click the Search button on the lower right
7. Change from Remote to Local tab on top right
8. Click Open File button on bottom left
9. The dialog box with the recorded video files (navigate to the directory in Step 4) will open up.
To access recorded playback from a remote computer you must:
1. Click the PB (Playback) button in the top right when in Live mode
2. Click the Search Button on the lower right
3. Choose the DVR to connect to on the top left "DVR Set"
4. Click a date once the calendar populates
5. Choose a block of time from the time-line
6. Choose Download or Play button on the lower right
7. Download will save to the same directory as noted above
8. Play will show the recorded video in the remote console
Join our email list to receive notifications when we post new articles and videos.
Looking for the best mobile apps and desktop software to remotely view your security cameras? Please take a look at these apps for Viewtron CCTV DVRs, Viewtron IP camera NVRs, and Viewtron network IP cameras. These apps support live security camera viewing as well as recorded video surveillance playback from remotely over the Internet.
Check out this demo using on of our new Viewtron AI security cameras. These IP cameras have built-in artificial intelligence functions for car detection, people detection, face match detection, facial recognition, license plate recognition (LPR), and automatic number plate recognition, ANPR) .
You can watch more videos using Viewtron AI security cameras here.