Watch this video to learn how-to connect an external motion detector to the alarm input of Viewtron security camera DVR. When motion is detected by the motion sensor, it triggers the following alarm actions.
- Trigger video recording on the camera associated with the alarm.
- Enable the alarm output on channel one, where I have an alarm light attached (turn the strobe light on).
- Pop-up live video of the camera associated with the alarm on the DVR’s display monitor.
Here are some additional actions that can be triggered from an alarm input.
- Capture a still image snapshot.
- Send a push notification to the mobile app for iPhone & Android.
- Enable the alarm buzzer on the DVR / NVR.
- Send an email notification.