Watch this video to see a comparison of the video quality of a 4K BNC camera vs a 4K IP camera.
4K Resolution Images
Here are the full resolution image snapshots side-by-side. You can click on this image to view the full 4K resolution comparison.
4K BNC Security Camera
Here is the 4K resolution snapshot captured from the 4K BNC security camera.
4K IP Camera
Here is the 4K resolution snapshot captured by the 4K IP camera.
Observations & Things to Consider
- The 4K IP camera was a larger image sensor which is why the angle of view is wider.
- The 4K IP camera image appears shaper, but sharpness can be adjusted on the DVR, so the BNC camera image can likely be sharpened up to the same level as the IP camera.
- Viewtron NVRs can record 4K resolution at 30 frames per second. Viewtron DVRs are limited to 8 frames per second when recording 4K resolution.
- If you already have coax cable installed and want to use it, the 4K BNC cameras are a great choice.
- If you are installed a new system, I recommend going with the IP camera system because you can use AI security cameras and the higher recording frame rate.