Viewtron 4K Hybrid DVRs Support BNC Cameras & IP Cameras
The latest Viewtron hybrid DVRs work with BNC cameras and network IP cameras up to 4K resolution.
Watch this video to see how-to connect an IP Camera to a BNC DVR. The video also shows you how you can designated BNC channels to be allocated for additional IP camera channels.
This is how these DVRs work with both security camera types.
- Viewtron DVRs have BNC video inputs on the back of them, just like any other CCTV / BNC DVR. These DVRs come in 4ch, 8ch, and 16ch BNC models.
- Older analog CCTV cameras (CVBS) and HD-over-Coax cameras can be connected to the BNC video inputs. D1, 960H, 720p, 1080p, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, and 8mp / 4K BNC cameras are supported. analog CVBS, AHD, HD-TVI, and HD-CVI video formats are supported.
- All models also support network IP cameras in addition to the 4, 8, and 16ch BNC inputs. The 4ch supports 2 additional IP cameras. The 8ch and 16ch both support an additional 8 IP cameras.
- Users can also designate additional IP camera channels by repurposing any of the BNC inputs as an IP camera channel.
- This flexibility, along with support for analog CVBS cameras, is a great solution for customers looking for a replacement DVR for their existing analog CCTV camera system. They can later upgrade to HD coax cameras or HD IP cameras.
- IP cameras are NOT hard wired to the DVR (like BNC cameras are).
- IP cameras are connected to a PoE switch that is on the same physical network as the DVR. This can be accomplished by the DVR being connected to the same network switch.
Please watch this video to see how to configure an IP camera on a Viewtron hybrid DVR / NVR.