Live video streaming over the Internet has become extremely popular over the last few years and continues to attract more and more businesses, organizations, and people that want to promote products, services, events using live video over the Internet. It is becoming very typical for businesses to embed live video into their website and even make live video available over mobile cell phones, such as the Apple iPhone or Android phones. Using a service such as uStream or LiveStream allows users to broadcast their video using a Windows or MAC computer and an analog camera, such as a CCTV camera (aka surveillance cameras). CCTV cameras have become a popular choice to use with live streaming services because of their low price point and the availability of many different styles of cameras to choose from for both indoor and outdoor applications.
Update! 1080p CCTV cameras can now be used to stream live video. Check out this recent article on how-to use multiple HD CCTV cameras to live stream video on YouTube and Facebook.
Here is what you will need to use a CCTV camera with uStream (or other live streaming video service such as LiveStream or Justin.tv):
- CCTV camera with a BNC video output (if you need help choosing one, CCTV Camera Pros can help). One of the best cameras according to many people that have setup CCTV cameras for live website streaming is the BIPRO-S600VF12 outdoor CCTV camera.
- RCA to USB video capture device (Pinnacle makes several models). These devices capture the analog video signal from the closed circuit TV camera and make the stream usable by the PC it is connected to.
- A BNC cable to connect CCTV camera to the video capture device
- A BNC to RCA connector to convert the BNC connector on the video capture device end (Pinnacle device has RCA input)
- A Windows or MAC computer with a USB input
- Broadcaster software from uStream, LiveStream, or any other multicast video streaming service that you choose
- A high speed Internet connection at the location of your broadcasting PC. Recommended minimum upload speed of 512 kbps per camera.
Live Streaming Video Related Links & Resources
- Multi-Camera Live Streaming Systems
- Live streaming videos that use CCTV cameras
- Florida Wildlife camera that uses a BIPRO-S600VF12 outdoor CCTV camera
Need more help setting up website video streaming?
Do you have additional questions related to using CCTV security cameras to stream video to a website? Please post questions on CCTV Camera Pros Facebook page.
About CCTV Camera Pros
CCTV Camera Pros is a manufacturer and distributor of security cameras and video surveillance systems for home, business and government use. We are a veteran owned small business founded by a United States Marine. CCTV Camera Pros has a complete portfolio of surveillance products including security cameras, digital video recorders, monitors, cables, connectors, and all accessories needed for a complete video surveillance systems.
CCTV Camera Pros has helped many customers with choosing the right cameras for and setting up live streaming applications using CCTV. If you have any questions about how to use CCTV cameras with uStream or any other live streaming application, please contact CCTV Camera Pros on our Facebook page. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 561-433-8488.