Writing for CCTV Camera Pros, I have assembled hundreds of articles, how-to guides, and demo videos to help customers research security camera systems and video surveillance equipment. This page contains links to some of our best content that answers frequently asked questions (FAQ) for buyers. I hope you find this page a useful guide to help navigate the plethora of information that we have available.
Please note that most of this content is related to HD CCTV/ HD-over-Coax type security cameras because that is what CCTV Camera Pros recommends for most customers. You can read about why I like HD-over-Coax security cameras better than IP cameras in most cases here.
If you have any questions related to video surveillance systems, please contact me via email here.
If you are researching what types of security cameras and lens sizes are best for you, this is a good place to start your research.
- What are AHD CCTV Cameras?
- What are HD-TVI Cameras?
- HD-TVI vs AHD – What is the Best HD Security Camera Type?
- What Does HD Security Camera Video Recording Look?
- Security Camera Lens Comparison Guide
- Are Hidden Spy Cameras Detectable?
- HD Security Camera Video Demos
- Is HD Security Camera Resolution That Much Better than Analog CCTV Cameras?
Remote Viewing Software & Mobile Apps
Most people want to be able to remotely view their security cameras to check in on their property, employees, and loved ones. These links contain a bunch of video demos and overviews of desktop software and mobile apps.
- Mac DVR Viewer Software Review Using HD Security Cameras
- How-to Use Central Monitoring Software to View Security Cameras at Multiple Locations
- Viewing Security Cameras from an iPhone App Review and Video Demo
- View Security Cameras from Android App Review and Video Demo
- Mac Security Camera Software Review and Video Demo
- Windows DVR Viewer Software Review and Video Demo
Cable and Installation Guides
CCTV Camera Pros supplies systems for home, business, and government use. Some of our customers are DIY installers and some are full time professional installers. These installation guides are helpful to beginners and professionals.
- Security Camera System Installation Guide using RG59 Siamese Coax Cable
- How-to Wire Security Cameras with Pre-Made Siamese Cable
- Max Coax Cable Distance Guide for Security Cameras
- What is the Best Coax Cable for CCTV Camera Installations?
- 12V DC vs 24V AC Power for Security Cameras
- HDMI Over Cat6 Supports Viewing Security Cameras and Controlling DVRs from Multiple TVs
- How to Pre-Wire a House for Security Cameras
Live Security Camera Display Options
We have many customers that only need a live view of their security camera(s) on a TV or they need to add additional live viewing capability to their DVR system. These articles present some of the best solutions for live camera display.
- How-to Connect an HD Security Camera to a TV via HDMI
- How-to Display Video from Multiple Security Cameras on One TV
- How-to Display Live Video from an HD Security Camera on Multiple TV Monitors
- How-to Connect an Analog CCTV Camera Directly to a TV
- How-to Live Stream Multiple HD Security Cameras on Facebook
Upgrades and Replacements
These articles contain answers to many common questions related to upgrading a surveillance system and purchasing equipment that is compatible with existing DVRs.
- Which Security Camera Type Is Compatible with My DVR System?
- How to Upgrade an Analog CCTV System to an HD Security Camera System
- How-to Upgrade a CCTV Multiplexer Video System from Analog to HD-over-Coax
- Will My Old CCTV Camera Work with a New HD Surveillance DVR?
Help with DVRs Not Supplied by CCTV Camera Pros
I receive many requests for help from people that have not purchased equipment from my company. The team at CCTV Camera Pros tries to help everyone and share what we have learned.
- How-to Reset the Password on an H.264 CCTV DVR
- Does My CCTV Camera DVR Support Remote Viewing from Mobile?
- Which Security Cameras Are Compatible with DVR?
Need Additional Help?
I hope that these articles and videos were helpful. If you have any questions related to security cameras or video surveillance equipment, please contact me via email here.